Quality is relevant in both aspects home and work and we strive for the best in both worlds. In businesses we find quality is many times used as a key differentiator in competition. Businesses invest in quality and continuous improvement because they have a direct impact on effectiveness and profitability. They also find that quality helps serve as the catalyst for risk management and innovation.
- Where do you stand on the continuum of quality infusion?
- Do you have a commitment to excellence as a leader?
- Do you routinely invest in performance improvement? How?
- Do you intricately understand your customers needs?
- What type of performance metrics do you have in place and how often do you revise them?
- Do you take risks but also manage risks?
- How do you engage customers and employees? How do you keep yourself engaged?
It's important to understand how your performance contributes to your goals and success. Set goals that consistently raise the bar in terms of quality.
Remember if you make a product or provide a service your customers needs drive your competitive focus. Engage in consistent action increasing your level of performance and articulate this through your business vision.