Six Sigma can help your company with an almost endless multitude of improvement opportunities. Let’s discuss improved customer service as just one facet of the Sig Sigma landscape. Improved customer loyalty is accomplished by using Six Sigma tools to improve problem areas identified by the customer. The importance of customer loyalty cannot be underestimated in both short and long term profit margins of a business and Six Sigma can help your company get there. In order to improve customer loyalty it is important to understand the Voice of the Customer (VOC) and how to measure customer loyalty. Once the voice and measures are established Six Sigma process teams are able to pinpoint the required improvements and can ultimately and the project and its actions to the employees who have the most interaction with customers. To improve customer loyalty there are several steps that can be taken using Six Sigma.
- Determine the voice of the customer in terms of customer loyalty to determine if the stakeholders are and what you will use to measure success criteria.
- Feed the success criteria into a system which allows for reaction.
- Six Sigma tools should be used such as Fish Bone Diagrams, Value Stream Mapping, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and analysis of wastes.
- Determine improvement indices targets to determine customer satisfaction levels after the improvements are implemented to build a sustainable customer centric culture.
- Six Sigma is most instrumental for customer loyalty in determining the upper control and lower control limits, variability in processes, and variability in measurements for customer satisfaction and customer service data.