I was recently working with a group of managers discussing team growth. One of the topics we discussed was their dissatisfiers. They listed some to improve by multi-voting and scoring. The highest concern for them was Trust.
Trust is essential to boosting employee engagement, motivation, and open discussion. Trust within the organization is important at all levels and crucial for your employees to believe in each other. When they don’t, communication, teamwork and performance inevitably suffer. So it is critical for managers to constantly reinforce their trustworthiness.
Here are 10 ways that leaders at all levels can build trust by aligning actions with words:
1. Trust must be earned building trust takes hard work.
2. Be honest and supportive.
3. Build in accountability.
4. Be consistent.
5. Make a connection.
6. Commit to follow through.
7. Model the behavior you seek.
8. Encourage rather than command.
9. Give credit and take blame.
10. Show competence.